Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Writing Wednesdays

While writing, even just side stories or prompts, about my characters in my WIP, there is one character who is fighting me every step of the way. He is not meant to be the MC's love interest, but that's what he is becoming.

I usually let my characters do what they want, so long as the story progresses and hits the points it needs to, but this is going against the larger picture. The character is a loveable guy, but he keeps inserting himself into situations where he comes off looking like an amazing guy and a fantastic match for my MC.

This will be an on-going battle, where I am either going to have to be conscious of what he says and does around the MC, or make sure to establish a platonic relationship between the two.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment