Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thursday Travels

I wandered beyond the river of death, forgetting the pain it was to be me and looking forward to the excitement it was to become "me" again.

Going back to Latin America (not physically, but article-wise), I found this short article: Liquid Mercury Discovered Beneath Teotihuacan Pyramid.

My first thought was "how many people got sick putting the mercury there?" That wasn't the point of the article, but knowing what we know about mercury now, I can't imagine how many people became sick interacting with the mercury.

Anyway, one of the cool theories behind why mercury may have been there is because "it may have symbolized the river of death." (That's an image/prompt for sure).

Also, my favorite take-away from this article is that they also found "metallic spheres dubbed "disco balls"." I guess they wanted to make sure the person had everything they needed to party in the afterlife. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment