Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Musings

Are we sure it's Monday? Because last I checked, it was Friday.


I didn't get half the amount of stuff done that I was planning to, but such is life.

I'm starting a new creative project at work, and while I was enamored with my idea on Friday, working on it today has left me not so enthused.

That is when it's break time - or an excuse to read for a few minutes. I have been dying to read Michelle Moran's latest book, Rebel Queen, it's even on my desk, but I haven't been able to read more than a paragraph.

I know this sounds like a whiney post, but it actually isn't. I just wanted to say, whenever you get stuck on writing, a creative project, or any project really, you should take a step away from it and do something else.

Distancing yourself from your project will give you fresh eyes and even a new perspective. Whenever I get stuck with writing I will either read or draw. It might be a few days before I go back to writing, but by then, whatever problem I was having seems a lot smaller.

The other suggestion for when your stuck: eat something. Seriously. I become a defeatist when I'm hungry, and I know I can't be the only one.



Just don't over do it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment