Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wednesday Writing

Today I'm going to link to two topics from Janet Reid's (Literary Agent) blog (again) on something that has given me trouble since it was introduced in grade school, the synopsis.

I could never grasp what was important, what was filler, and when to add the emotion (well, the latter was something I've only had to deal with now).

I found some pretty good sites on the internet that detail out how to write a short synopsis, but if I'm teaching myself, I need to see it multiple ways.

So, here is another way: Query Question: What the "deuce" is a brief synopsis? and the follow up, How to Write a Brief Synopsis.

I am certainly no expert when it come to a synopsis, I can tell you they need to have the conclusion of the story and some emotion, but besides that, I'm not a good source. I recommend checking these links out.

No comments:

Post a Comment