Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday Tech

One of the big stories of the day, according to the numerous articles I saw about it, is that Verizon is acquiring AOL.

But, that's not what I'm talking about. Yesterday, I kind of switched things up, posting about younger people working on their dreams and how they inspire others.

I should re-label today as "Muesday" and yesterday as "Tonday" so I can keep my alliterations.

Anyway, today it's all about being productive. Writers, like anyone else who is working on anything, have moments (you know days, weeks, years) where it's hard to be productive. It could be a marvelous Spring day outside, but you're wired to your desk, or you could be excited about an upcoming trip and all you can think about is what to pack. It could even just be a "I don't feel like doing this" kind of day. Thing is, you've gotta do the work. It's needed if you want to succeed.

In comes the article: Naturally successful people do these 5 things at work every day.

The one I want to bring to your attention is item three, "They focus for 45, then break for 15."

I've never tried taking breaks this frequently as I've always been the kind of person who "takes a break when I need it." And I know when I need it. Otherwise, frequent breaks cause me to lose focus because my mind thinks we were done with task A.

However, this is worth a shot. As the article talks about, a teacher moved to Finland to teach and discovered the 45 minutes of instruction followed by 15 minutes of freedom kept the students energized. Energy is definitely something I could use.

Yesterday I was successful in moving towards a second completed MS, so, I'm going to try the frequent breaks today. Perhaps I'll be able to figure out some of the issues with the MS as I move forward.

Who knows, maybe this will help a lot of people succeed in their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment