Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Muses

Going through my normal weekday morning ritual, I read some articles while eating my granola bar breakfast, and I found a very interesting pattern in the articles I was drawn to, they were all about young 20-somethings who jump-started their career or found their passion.

24 was the repeated age in most of the articles I was reading. 24 when I realized I was comparing myself to everyone else who had amazing careers or were earning their degrees. 24 when I found my passion to start my business. Even a recommendation to live cheaply in your 20s.

But the article I really enjoyed was: Meet the 13-year-old CEO who built a $200,000 business and is mentored by Daymond John.

I do enjoy Shark Tank (both the show and the blog) and remember when the boy came in to get a deal for his business. It was a wonderful sight to see that Daymond John offered to be his mentor - something extremely invaluable.

Many of the articles I read this morning, and people who enter "the tank," seem to touch on the fact that many people are still looking for guidance. We spend out entire childhood having people tell us what to do and when it's our turn to do what we want, we freeze.

So, take some inspiration from this young CEO (in the article, not me) and do something towards reaching your dream (or at least one of them) today. Even if it's only fifteen minutes, you'll be that much closer to realizing a dream, and you'll be better for it.

Me? I'm hitting the books - both the ones I've written and the ones that help writers improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment