Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wednesday Writing

For this Wednesday, a guide for writers or an insight for readers on what part of the publishing process looks like.

This was posted on Janet Reid's (the literary agent) blog last week, but I thought it so fantastically amazing, it needed to be linked to this week:

http://jetreidliterary.blogspot.com/2015/05/query-question-withdrawing-query.html.

The question, as the link suggests, was about withdrawing a query. However, the editing advice for people who want to submit their stories was fantastic. It bluntly tells you the steps and if you (should) consider yourself ready to submit to agents.

Like anything you put your name on, you want to make sure the work you are sending out is the best you can possibly make it. I'm sure the first time I submitted my MS to agents it was the best I could possibly do at the time. Now, I'm sitting on it again, working on another story, and making plans to learn more about writing so that when I face that MS again, I'll be ready to make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment