Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tuesday Trade

I changed the name for Tuesdays. It's a (fun) business day and isn't necessarily technology related, though it is most of the time.

Actually, I'm changing the topic for today. I was going to post about an Entrepreneur article about how creative people are (often) undervalued and underemployed. But, while I was looking for the link to the article, I found 10 Motivating Quotes to Help You Spring Into Action. I'm really in need of motivation at the moment. I've got 8 days of extreme stress left, the kind where you just have to wait it out. It drives me nuts not being able to do much. It's also very disheartening.

I didn't really post about the start of Spring. Instead, I encouraged the creation of Nutella stuffed cookies. So, to make up for it, let's discuss moving into action.

Spring cleaning is something I have been doing for the past month or so. This is the first thorough cleaning I've done. Of course, a lot of this cleaning has been cleaning up after the tornado that is my week.

But what's more, people are coming out of hibernation and starting to do things again. While New Year's resolutions are probably, mostly, broken, here is another new beginning to start a new habit.

My favorite quote from the article is number 6:

Being defeated is only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -- Marilyn von Savant
 The publishing industry, and life in general, throws a lot of rejection our way. It's only those who don't keep fighting are the ones who are truly defeated. So keep going! Keep writing, jogging, painting, studying, what-have-you.

I'm still moving. It might be at a snail's pace right now, but it's still movement. Besides, a snail's pace is normal for a snail.

The motivational quotes article didn't have my favorite, so I thought I'd share it:

To succeed you have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality. -- Anita Roddick

It goes back to my insistence that persistence and determination really make the difference in life. So keep working toward your goal(s) and I'll work toward mine.

Does anyone else have good motivational quotes that weren't in the article?

No comments:

Post a Comment