Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday Musings

So, this post is late for a whole variety of reasons.

1) I fail to schedule posts.
2) Life is starting to calm down again
3)My keyboard was utterly disgusting (and it has been that way for 9 months).

Just look at it:

It was disgusting. In the left hand side you can see I had cleaned a little of it.

Now, I am not saying I am perfect and all my keyboards are dust and grime free, but this was not me. It had been bugging me for these past 9 months and I finally decided to do something about it.

Needless to say, 2.5 hours later, not only was my keyboard clean(er) my whole desk was as well. Nothing like a good spring cleaning sometimes.

Of course, the entire time I was cleaning the keyboard I pondered why companies provide disgusting keyboards? I know other people left them that way (and my desk is near a vent that seems to spit a fresh coating of dust every night). But it's gross. I would hope companies would have a little vac or something to suck out the dust and stuff.

Do all companies give keyboards like this? I really hope not. This is the third time I've received a keyboard for a job and 2 out of the 3 times it was dirty (and I don't remember the other time).

I know I'm not the only one who "procrastinates" by cleaning their work space. Someone mentioned it to me once, and it's like they seared the idea into my brain. Now, if my workspace is messy, I can't work.

Sorry for the complaints. I'm actually really proud of the work I did. I even got other work done while I was cleaning the keyboard. Too bad it wasn't writing/novel related.

No comments:

Post a Comment