Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thursday Travels

Maybe it should be called Thursday Inspiration or something. Of course, then it wouldn't be an alliteration.

I love reading Historical Fiction, especially about ancient or pristine civilizations. I've always loved learning about ancient civilizations from anywhere in the world, but never really had a chance to study them as much as I'd like.

One of my favorite Historical Fiction authors is Michelle Moran. I often find myself thinking about The Heretic Queen or Cleopatra's Daughter. She recently came out with a new book, The Rebel Queen, which I bought and put on the short list of "To Reads".

So, through my daily RSS feed reading of articles, mainly comprised of business articles, I came across this Archaeology Magazine article: Why did Teotihuacan Collapse? (Tay-oh-tea-wa-kahn. At least that's how my Latin American History professor said it).

It's a very short article, but it's enough to let your imagination go. It'd be awesome if someone would write a historical fiction novel about this. We know, generally, why the civilization collapsed, but what else drove it? What characters?

If you're inspired, feel free to write it. While I said I love historical fiction, I don't know if I'd be the best voice for it. I have about 9 novel ideas left to write before I would even consider writing this. Of course I'd love for you to let me know about it (and autograph my copy. I collect autographs of my favorite (living) authors).

Anyway, are there American (North or South American) historical fiction novels prior to 1492? Once colonization hit North America, I lose interest quickly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment