Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tuesday Theories

Tuesday is Pretty Little Liars (PLL) day, a day devoted to driving fans mad with theories on who A is.

I've come up with numerous theories, adapting some I've read by other fans.

But this isn't (solely) a PLL post, it's about an article I found on Business Insider:

The 'Ferris Bueller Fight Club' theory and other fan conspiracies sending people on Reddit into a tailspin

I love hearing fan theories as they show just how in depth, or detail oriented, people are when it comes to their favorite shows.

My favorite one, a crossover theory, is that "George Weasley from "Harry Potter" becomes Willy Wonka."

My first thought was "oh, cause of his crazy candy, right?"

Well, the little except of the discourse goes further to say "The scene where Willy has half of everything in his office kinda hints that he lost his better half, that is his brother who died." (from PM_Me_Your_Asian_Self on Reddit).

That's kind of deep. Yes, Roald Dahl wrote Willy Wonka years before Harry Potter, but I have a theory that could dismiss that time conundrum (something I am using in my book series).

What I enjoy about this is it calls some details to attention that I never would have noticed. "He lost his better half," was Willy Wonka ever married? What if he was in love. I don't remember much of the book series, as I read it in grade school, but it does make the mind wonder.



Anyway, enjoy the link (which links out to the Reddit discussions). Feel free to post any of your theories, ones you have thought long and hard about, or ones you even think about as a joke. Who knows? Maybe it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment