Thursday, June 11, 2015

Thursday Travels

I know a lot of these Thursday articles end up being about uncovered graves of the ancients, and today is no different. (I really need to find something a little more uplifting for Thursdays. I mean, it is almost the weekend).

The article, 2,000-Year-Old Roman Artifacts Unearthed in Ethiopia, contains an interesting mummy, one I would like to know the story of.

The woman in the grave has been dubbed "Sleeping Beauty," and maybe because of my lack of knowledge of mummies, but the way she was laid was interesting.

They said she was on her side, her hand under her chin, facing a bronze mirror.

This could mean so many different things, though I guess the root of all of it is that she was considered very beautiful in life.

The poses people are buried in usually signify what the culture believed of death (I guess the case is still true), but why was she posed in a leisurely pose, looking into a mirror?

Anyway, happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment