Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Fun

I enjoy when people create playlists for books, movies, or characters. I had to create one for a summer reading assignment in high school (of course the teacher informed us he just wanted the free music...)

I did this recently for the characters in the MS I am currently working on. It started because I was listening to music (on Pandora) while working on the MS. Suddenly, a song came on that described the male's POV (point of view) on his eventual romantic relationship with the female protag.

It was crushing, emotional, and so lovely, I wrote down the song name and artist. The feels I get for my characters when that song plays is too much sometimes.

But it gave me something I needed. I had been struggling with character voice and feelings, but finding a song I feel represents that character helps me understand them a little better.

I definitely recommend trying it. It at least helps when you're overcome with feels about a book, TV show, or anything.

Feels can kill.

So here's the song I'm talking about:

 

Confession: I'm a wordsmith and I struggle with words.

No comments:

Post a Comment